Bromelain is an enzyme derived from the stem and juice of pineapples and acts as a potent anti-inflammatory agent. It's one of the main ingredients in Revvl Recover, a natural supplement designed to support healthy joints and keep inflammation at bay.
In this blog post, we will explore the anti-inflammatory benefits of bromelain and how it complements the inflammation-reducing ingredients found in Revvl Recover.
Revvl Recover: Designed to Support Joints & Reduce Inflammation
Revvl Recover is a dietary supplement specifically designed to provide natural anti-inflammatory support.
The formula contains powerful ingredients: Proteolytic enzymes (like bromelain), ginger root, turmeric, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, and cordyceps.
Benefits of Anti-Inflammatory Ingredients
Each ingredient found in Revvl Recover provides unique health benefits to reduce inflammation and support joints:
- Proteolytic Enzymes: Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme. Potential benefits of these enzymes include healthier digestion, faster healing and recovery time, decreased muscle soreness, and minimization of IBS symptoms.
- Ginger Root: Ginger is a common ingredient for healing human ailments. Ginger root may calm nausea, ease menstrual pain, soothe sore muscles, relieve arthritis symptoms, promote positive oral hygiene, and fight germs.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcuminoids known for their strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric may also help with depression, reduce bad cholesterol, improve memory, and control blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: Revvl's all-natural blends use Ashwagandha root and leaf extract to provide potential, all-natural benefits like enhancing athletic performance, reducing stress, improving mental health, and boosting testosterone.
- Rhodiola rosea: Another common ingredient in Revvl products is Rhodiola rosea. Its adaptogen powers may reduce stress, decrease fatigue, improve cognitive function, manage diabetes, and reduce depression symptoms. It may also have anti-cancer properties.
- Cordyceps: A third common ingredient in several Revvl products, Cordyceps is a powerhouse adaptogen that may improve athletic performance, promote heart health, and reduce inflammation. It may also have anti-aging and anti-tumor effects.
The combination of these natural anti-inflammatory ingredients works together to reduce inflammation and support healthy joints, but let's take a closer look at a lesser-known enzyme found in the Revvl Recover formula: bromelain.
3 Key Health Benefits of Bromelain
Bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme derived from the pineapple plant's stem, fruit, and juice. It is categorized as a dietary supplement and is generally recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Bromelain may be used topically or orally to reduce inflammation and swelling.
Studies have indicated that bromelain offers several potential health benefits:
- Supports Healthy Joints: Research published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found bromelain effective in treating pain, swelling, and joint stiffness associated with osteoarthritis. Bromelain's anti-inflammatory properties could help those suffering from knee and shoulder arthritis when taking 400 milligrams twice daily.
- Reduces Asthmatic Symptoms: A recent animal study suggests that the anti-inflammatory effects of bromelain might be helpful to those with asthma and other airway conditions that result from allergies.
- Relieves Swelling: In a three-month pilot study, Bromelain tablets effectively treated swelling, congestion, and other sinusitis symptoms. Additional research showed that purified bromelain could reduce inflammation and heal ulcers caused by inflammatory bowel disease.
Research indicates other potential benefits of bromelain include the safe removal of damaged tissue due to severe burns (when applied topically), effectiveness in treating various cardiovascular conditions, and potential cancer-fighting properties.
How Much Bromelain Should You Take Per Day?
Bromelain doses range from 80–400 milligrams per serving, two to three times per day. You can take bromelain with meals or on an empty stomach. Discussing appropriate dosing with your doctor before taking any new supplement is essential.
Bromelain vs. Food
Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapples; however, obtaining a therapeutic dose of bromelain from food alone may be difficult. For those looking to benefit from the anti-inflammatory effects of bromelain, Revvl Recover is an ideal solution.
Reduce Inflammation with Revvl Recover
When taken daily, Revvl Recover gives your body a concentrated dose of bromelain, allowing you to take advantage of its anti-inflammatory benefits. The supplement also includes other natural ingredients such as ginger root, turmeric, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, and cordyceps, which offer additional anti-inflammatory benefits. If you're looking for a natural way to reduce inflammation and support your joints and muscles, look no further than Revvl Recover.
Resources & References:
- Role of curcumin in systemic and oral health: An overview - PMC
- (For Print) FINAL Sensoril WhitePaper
- Unlock The Power of Rhodiola rosea
- Cordyceps: Optimize Energy Levels & Manage Stress
- 184.1024 - CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21
- Bromelain as a Treatment for Osteoarthritis: a Review of Clinical Studies - PMC
- Bromelain exerts anti-inflammatory effects in an ovalbumin-induced murine model of allergic airway disease
- Inhibition of Epithelial TNF-α Receptors by Purified Fruit Bromelain Ameliorates Intestinal Inflammation and Barrier Dysfunction in Colitis